On Thursday, 14 May 2015 14:37:53 UTC-4, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:

> Hello!  I've been trying to upgrade from Ruby 1.8.6 to ruby 2.2.2 at my
> workplace, and as expected its been a bit rough.  :)
>
> I have a old 2.0.5 rails application that needs to keep working,  and
> I've ran into a bit of a roadblock with the ActionMailer having a syntax
> error.  However the problem is fixed in the 2.3.18 version of the gem.
>
> Is it possible to tell rails 2.0.5 to use the 2.3.18 gem for action
> mailer only?  I haven't been able to find anything about using different
> versions of the gems so I'm suspecting not, but it would be great to
> know how.  :)

The odds aren't great that such a thing would work; the internals were
moving around a lot between versions back then.

Unrelated: you may have already done this, but make SURE you've patched the
JSON parser to close these holes:

CVE-2013-0156: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2013-0156
CVE-2013-0333: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2013-0333

I doubt these are the only security vulnerabilities in 2.0.5, but these two
are some of the nastiest.

--Matt Jones