On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:29:12 AM UTC-4, Frederick Cheung wrote:

> It's trying to discourage you from adding straight to application.css - it
> creates clutter. You can setup an entirely separate manifest (I've commonly
> see applications have a separate admin.css) and then change
> stylesheet_link_tag to load that css file instead of application.css for
> some pages. Most of the time you just want to make the selectors specific
> enough that they only apply to content on the relevant pages.
>
> For example if the body elements on all the pages rendered by the users
> controlled have class "users" then a selector of the form
>
> body.users h1 {
> }
>

> would only affect h1 tags on pages from that controller (the application
> layout is a good place to enforce this sort of thing)
>
> Thanks Fred ~

The stylesheet_link_tag is the new news to me (remember, I'm a newbie!),
and it sounds like that's the way to apply different stylesheets to
different pages.  Also, I just discovered the
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/layouts_and_rendering.html guide, which I
should have read before I even raised this question.

~ Ken