Hi,

I need to implement a notification feature in my project. My user model has
a daily, weekly and monthly booleans fields. I already have a UserMailer
that sends mail when I create an account, or for password resetting.

What I want is my app to send a mail each day or week or month, depending
on what the user chose.

So I've installed Whenever gem <https://github.com/javan/whenever>, and
here is my schedule.rb :

every :day, :at => '12pm' do # Use any day of the week or :weekend,
     :weekday rake "email_sender"
end

My rake task :

desc "Send email to users"

task :email_sender => :environment do |_, args|
    User.find_each do |user|
        UserMailer.daily_mail(user).deliver if user.daily == true

My UserMailer :

def daily_mail(user)
     @user = user mail to: user.email, subject: "Mail journalier"
end

The thing is, I don't know if I did right, and how can I test this, since
I'm not in development ?

I did a crontab -l and I get this :

# Begin Whenever generated tasks for: store

0 12 * * * /bin/bash -l -c 'cd /Users/Marco/Documents/TBProject &&
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake email_sender --silent'

# End Whenever generated tasks for: store

# Begin Whenever generated tasks for:
/Users/Marco/Documents/TBProject/config/schedule.rb

0 12 * * * /bin/bash -l -c 'cd /Users/Marco/Documents/TBProject &&
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake email_sender --silent'

# End Whenever generated tasks for:
/Users/Marco/Documents/TBProject/config/schedule.rb

If you could help me please