Hello Marco, as you can see, you can send email or sms in the same way. The
only thing you can do to avoid repetition, you should move the sms logic to
a service class and instantiate it in the controller and in a rake task to
send it from time to time.

I hope I helped you somehow.

thiagocifani
http://about.me/thiagocifani <http://del.icio.us/thiagocifani>