> On Sep 1, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Abdulaleem Seyed <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to add bootstrap styling to my rails form_for form. Such
> that I can change the button styling and make the from inline. I tried
> adding doing something like:

>  <%= f.submit "Create your account", class: "btn btn-primary" %>
>
> However, it did not work. Here is my code in my file.

> <%= f.text_field :email %>
> <%= f.submit %>
> <% end %>

When you view that in a browser, what do you see?

Bootstrap 3 doesn’t require a classname on the form element itself any more,
unless you want to do an inline form, in which case you need to add
class=“form-inline” to it. To do that in a standard Rails form_for helper, set
that in the html: attributes:

<%= form_for :foo, html: { class: ‘form-inline’ } %>

The rest (form-group and similar) can be done easily with regular HTML inside
the form partial, and you can add a classname to a form element like this:

<%= f.text_field :bar, class: ‘form-control’ %>

Walter