On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 8:15:53 PM UTC-6, James Harold wrote:

> I have just gotten to Chapter Four of Michael Hartl's Ruby on Rails
> Tutorial, and I can't seem to get the program to work after adding a helper
> to the program. Here is the code from the files.
>
> static_pages_controller_test.rb
> require 'test_helper'
>
> class StaticPagesControllerTest < ActionController::TestCase
>   test "should get home" do
>     get :home
>     assert_response :success
>     assert_select "title", "Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App"
>   end
>
>   test "should get help" do
>     get :help
>     assert_response :success
>     assert_select "title", "Help | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App"
>   end
>
>   test "should get about" do
>     get :about
>     assert_response :success
>     assert_select "title", "About | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App"
>   end
>
>   test "should get contact" do
>     get :contact
>     assert_response :success
>     assert_select "title", "Contact | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App"
>   end
> end
>

> application.html.erb
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>   <head>
>     <title><%= full_title(yield(:title)) %></title>
>     <%= stylesheet_link_tag    'application', media: 'all',
>                                               'data-turbolinks-track' =>
> true %>
>     <%= javascript_include_tag 'application', 'data-turbolinks-track' =>
> true %>
>     <%= csrf_meta_tags %>
>   </head>
>     <%= yield %>
>

> routes.rb
> Rails.application.routes.draw do
>   root 'static_pages#home'
>
>   get 'static_pages/help'
>
>   get 'static_pages/about'
>
>   get 'static_pages/contact'
>
> How do I get past this problem? Is there a way to fix this?
>
> BTW, the error is listed here:

1) Failure:
StaticPagesControllerTest#test_should_get_about
[C:/Sites/sample_app/test/controllers/static_pages_controller_test.rb:19]:
<About | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App> expected but was
<About | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App.>.
Expected 0 to be >= 1.

  2) Failure:
StaticPagesControllerTest#test_should_get_contact
[C:/Sites/sample_app/test/controllers/static_pages_controller_test.rb:25]:
<Contact | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App> expected but was
<Contact | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App.>.
Expected 0 to be >= 1.

  3) Failure:
StaticPagesControllerTest#test_should_get_help
[C:/Sites/sample_app/test/controllers/static_pages_controller_test.rb:13]:
<Help | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App> expected but was
<Help | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App.>.
Expected 0 to be >= 1.

  4) Failure:
StaticPagesControllerTest#test_should_get_home
[C:/Sites/sample_app/test/controllers/static_pages_controller_test.rb:7]:
<Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App> expected but was
<Home | Ruby on Rails Tutorial Sample App.>.
Expected 0 to be >= 1.