On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 4:29:39 PM UTC+1, matt wrote:

> Why not just use an environment variable.  For example, <%=
>  ENV[‘MY_DB_PASSWORD’] %>.   Then you can export that from your specific
> environment or fire up your task with the environment var set, ex:
> `MY_DB_PASSWORD=letsparty rails s`

Hi Matt,
thanks for your advice. Maybe this is an alternative in this case, but I
would like to know how to tackle this for custom functions in general.
I found out that if I copy the function to config/application, rake finds
it. If it is the proper solution for yml-helper functions I don't know.
Maybe someone has advice on this.

Ruud