On 26 November 2015 at 05:23, Sai Ch <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to access one variable in entire controller i.e it is accessible
> to all actions in controller.
>
> I had tried with session and class variable but for example
>
>   def create
>    document_id = get_document
>    @@document_id = session[:document_id] = document_id
>  end
>
>  def validate
>    if document_id == (@@document_id || session[:document_id])
>      true
>   else
>     false
>   end
>  end
>
> it works some time , some time uninitialized constant error for class
> variable and session token is null when I refresh the browser.
>
> I know session variable stored in server side but when I request
> multiple times it returns null value.
>
> i am also using before filter for that task, but no use.

If you want a variable that has to be determined once for each request
but is available in all actions then before_filter is the way to go.
If you want a variable that persists from request to request (such as
current logged in user) then the session is what you want.

Give us more detail on exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Colin