On 11 December 2015 at 02:02, Manuel Shenavai <manush...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I got a question regarding active records. Im new to ruby as well as active
> records.
>
> As mentioned here, its possible to migrate database schema with active
> records.
> "Rails provides a domain-specific language for managing a database schema
> called migrations. Migrations are stored in files which are executed against
> any database that Active Record supports using rake."
>
> I wonder where I can look up the databases supported by active records.
> Anyone knows?

I assume you already know about the databases supported 'out of the
box' (mysql, sqlite and postresql) as any initial cursory
investigation of rails would have shown that.  As for others I doubt
whether there is a definitive list as anyone could write a gem to
support a database of their choice.  More helpful would be ask about
any ones you are particularly interested in.  Even there, though,
google would probably give you a quicker and more accurate result.

If you want to get into Rails development then I strongly advise
working right through a good tutorial (such as railstutorial.org,
which is free to use online) as that will introduce you to the basics
of rails.

Colin