Hey ROR Community,
I am brand new to this fun world world of programming and obviously, ruby
on rails too.  I have been picking up some basic skills in programming,
enough to write a !SIMPLE! program, and also some front end web
development. With that said, I am hitting walls all over the place; I know
the talent and skill in this community can help me and maybe, through this
thread, others that are also brand new and don't know where to begin, which
is where we all begin.

With that said, I am following a program for learning the fundamentals of
ruby on rails development.  The program claims to give you the tool set to
throw up a web app prototype, which is my end game.  The program teaches
"ruby basics", "Javascript basics", "console foundations", "git basics",
"Installing a Ruby development Environment", "Build a Todo List with Rails
4", "Database Foundations", "Active Record Basics", and finally "User
Authentication with Rails". Will learning these specific topics, in that
exact order, help?  After these courses, will I know enough to do a very
simple software prototype?  Should I, or others in my position, go through
all those steps or skip a few which aren't a priority for a prototype?  I
appreciate the time and effort into any credible answer.

Thank You ROR Community,
Bryan G.