On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 00:12:04 UTC-5, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:

> If you happen to have a complete solution for setting up
> Acts_As_Follower Gem. Please, post it for your fellow devs.
>
> https://github.com/tcocca/acts_as_follower
>
> Users_Controller.rb [content]
> Routes.rb [content]
> _follow.html.erb [button]
> JS for sending AJAX request and changing the state of the button from
> follow to unfollow.

A quick word of advice: try looking for things before asking here. For
instance, the FIRST HIT on Google for the query "acts_as_follower ajax"
(without quotes) is this:

https://gist.github.com/tcocca/863091

The comments on that Gist appear to imply that not all of it will work on
Rails 4. I didn't see anything that jumped out as being deprecated /
removed between 3 and 4 but I haven't tried it out. I'd recommend you try
that code and report back if there are problems you can't sort out.

Lastly, adding a block button and unblock button.

Again, you'll get much better assistance here if you try things yourself
first. If you want requirements turned directly into code, email me
off-list and let me know where to send the INVOICE. :)

--Matt Jones