On Tuesday, 1 March 2016 18:07:51 UTC-5, fugee ohu wrote:

> On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 9:22:55 PM UTC-5, Walter Lee Davis wrote:
>>

>> > On Feb 29, 2016, at 8:39 PM, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > [snip]

>> effect so far

>> this.list[index].getAttribute('data-description'),

>> attribute data-description on it. Does it?

>> element with the classname description present in the page, within the
>> container element of the slide (no clue where that means, I'm just
>> interpreting the code for you). If that element exists, then it will be
>> emptied and re-filled with the description.

>> and without them, the JS won't have anything to work with.

>> classname description, i think you mean <div class="description"> but
>> that's not my view Here's my view:

>> task.comment %>" data-gallery ><%= image_tag(task.name.thumb) %></a></td>
>> >
>> > Yes, you did get what I meant. Reading through the portion of the
>> script you provided, I can't see where that element needs to be. Perhaps it
>> is added by the lightbox code when it creates the overlay elements. In any
>> case, you have added the correct data attributes to the link, so that part
>> looks right. In the example for the gallery, was there any reference to
>> creating a separate structure in the page html to receive the description?
>> In the documentation, do they have an example page coded in HTML that
>> includes a secondary overlay element or similar? Or is it all generated by
>> the JS code when the page loads?
>> >
>> > Walter

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/ed810211-4222-4a87-978f-bf9942b78193%40googlegroups.com.

>> > No, there isn't The docs are at
>> https://github.com/blueimp/Gallery/blob/master/README.md#setup and the
>> relevant section is headed Additional Gallery Elements about 3/4 of the way
>> down ~ fugue
>>
>> Start here, and see that you do need to add a description element (empty)
>> if you want it to be updated with the value you set in the data-description
>> attribute.
>>

>> https://github.com/blueimp/Gallery/blob/master/README.md#additional-gallery-elements
>>

>> Walter
>>

>> > --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/ba8a9e19-aead-47d7-b7d1-0e516a6db7dc%40googlegroups.com.

> I still haven't gotten this working

Since it's still not working, I'd recommend you start checking things
one-by-one to verify they are working as you expect.

* does the gallery work *other* than the description field? Are there any
errors / warnings in the browser console? If so, deal with those before
moving on.

* add a breakpoint inside the 'onslide' handler the documentation provides.
Are things as expected? Are the "text" and "node" variables getting what
you'd expect?

* if everything looks OK but things still don't work, I'd recommend trying
to create a smaller "test case" Rails application that demonstrates the
issue. You'll get significantly better assistance from this list if you can
provide a runnable example of the problem.

--Matt Jones