Hi All!

I am trying to get a rails postgres table ordered by the exact values of the ascii characters such that:

<none>
Alpha
Bravo
Charlie

Unfortunately, even when I try to escape the < characters and enter them directly in the Postgresql table, I get:

Alpha
Bravo
*
*
*
Lima
Mike
<none>
November
Oscar

I tried @@@@ in place of <none> and it is positioned as I expect, but @none@ is handled the same as <none>.

I've searched the web, but there are too many different solutions. It will take me all day and night to try them out,

Thanks,

Don Ziesig