On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 1:50 AM, Colin Law <clan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Initially what you are doing wrong is not posting the full error
> message and not telling us which line of code the error refers to.
> The error means that you have tried to call something.user_id but the
> value of 'something' is nil.  Look at the line of code the error
> refers to and try to work out why the variable is nil.

I'm getting an error message because of following statement

<!-- Else If Statement -->

<% elsif @student.user_id == current_user.id %>
<% end %>

@student.user_id not working. But in DB id's are not empty and user_id also
exists in student's table.

If I go like this

<% @students.each do |student| %>
  <% elsif  student.user_id == current_user.id %>
  <%end %>
<% end %>

Intially everything woks fine. Current user able to edit, delete and show
his profile and other user's able to show it only (i.e only show button
appear). Else and Elsif statements works fine. But when another user add
his data and after saving he's able to edit and delete current user' data.

Case 1: (Current user add his data)

Current User:

Show | Delete | Edit

Another User:

Show (Current User profile)

Case 2: (When another user enters his data and after saving it)

Current User:

Show |  Edit | Delete

Another User:

Show  | Edit | Delete (Current User profile)

--
Cheers!

Deepak Kumar Sharma
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College