You can put the parameters as an argument to a path like so:

=link_to "Add Special", add_special_path(work_day: @date), class: 'uk-button
buffer-left-twice’ which will make a url like

http://xxx.com/time/add_special?work_day=2017-02-04
<http://xxx.com/time/add_special?work_day=2017-02-04>

Or if you have a model that is already in the button, you put parameters after
it like:

%= link_to 'Confirm my account', confirmation_url(@resource,
:confirmation_token => @token)

This is from Devise on their default views