On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 1:05:57 PM UTC+1, Colin Law wrote:

> On 10 February 2017 at 11:50, 'krfg' via Ruby on Rails: Talk
> <rubyonra...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> > I would need information about logger.info
> > When I try to open test.log Atom warns me that if it opens large files
> it
> > might become unresponsive.
> > Shall I take for granted that you are interested it test.log?
>
> Whichever log is relevant at the time, so when running tests then yes
> it is test.log.  You can use tail to watch the log while you run the
> test
> tail -f log/test.log
> or you can use tail after the event just to show the last lines
> tail -n 100 log/test.log
>
> Also you can delete or empty the log file before running the test,
> then it will only contain the latest information.
>
> In fact I think logger.info outputs to the console too so you don't
> need to look at the log. Not certain about that though.
>
> Colin

Ok, thanks for the suggestion.
I will try to use tail if it works with such a heavy file, otherwise I
would need instructions on how to empty the file.
The most important thing I have to understand is: where should I place
logger.info?
In static_pages_controller.rb before the declaration of @atp_tournaments
variable?