The most common mistake in rails apps is creating a user object that does
way too much. People call it "the God object". Just because a user only has
one profile doesn't mean you need to combine those models.

On Mar 14, 2017 8:52 PM, "fugee ohu" <fugee...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 5:31:15 PM UTC-4, Colin Law wrote:

> On 14 March 2017 at 21:09, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Can you give us a clue as to which meaning of SN you are using?
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN does not seem to offer anything that
> >> looks particularly likely.
> >>
> >> Colin
> >
> > Social Networking
>
> What is in the users table and what is in the profiles table? You
> might want to combine them into one table. Why make things complicated
> unless there is a good reason?
>
> If you do have separate tables then the question as to whether the
> pictures belong to the profile or the user is just a matter of how you
> wish to organise it. Think about the problem in real world terms.
> Would the actual user think of the pictures as being his, or would he
> think that they are the property of his profile?
>
> Colin
>

> > --
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/0a8c94f8-
> 0b8d-47f5-9380-6193445137b1%40googlegroups.com.

That's what I'm gonna do Originally the purpose of the profiles was for
personals since users could have many I was driven by the challenge more
than the reality After I did just about the whole site I decided I don't
like this, and I'm scrapping the profile model because first I don't want
users to be able to have multiple personas

msgid/rubyonrails-talk/3b9f7629-a598-46c9-8e0c-4a7713601a6b%40googlegroups.
com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/3b9f7629-a598-46c9-8e0c-4a7713601a6b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.