Quoting Ryan Ororie <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>:

> I'm doing some editing on an existing rails app and this view;
> _tour_listing.html.erb looks like this:
[snip]
> My question is with the render :partial => etc... line. I need to find
> away to sort the data that is getting spit out by a specific field, how
> would I do that?

Sort it in the controller or model, wherever the find() is.  Often:

@upcoming_tour_requests = TourRequests.find(:all, :order => 'date')

Anything SQL accepts can go in the :order value, 'date DESC', 'id', etc.

Another point, blank? is for strings, empty? is standard Ruby for arrays.

HTH,
  Jeffrey