wow, I learned a new command yesterday.

A very useful command from Railscast - 'bundle outdated'.   Anyways, this
will identify if there are any gems that need to be updated.

I'm not so sure why bundle update doesn't do this automatically, I'm
thinking it has to do with the gem file (and if's it locked to a certain
version).

Anyways, updating a few too many broke my code, so instead of trying to
figure out what I messed up, I reverted back.

So, I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.