On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 5:48:15 PM UTC+1, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Ben Edwards <lo...@funkytwig.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> If your reference data is *not* immutable load-one-time-only then
> your change/transform/whatever process should live and run on the
> production server.

Mine is!  Maybe I should call it something else but in my 25 years in IT
i've worked on several projects that use data in a database to transform
data and transformation change (i.e. data warehouse load scripts).

> A "staging" server is for realistic testing of your *procedures* that will
> run on production, not doing data transformation to export.

Again, maybe we need to call the server something else.  Also it is testing
(or the transformations).

Anyway worked it out.  I simply reaload the reference tables.  The trick is
to keep all the keys the same and use deferred foreign keys.

Rules are there to be broken;).

Ben