On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Dane Terrell <dane5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I input localhost:3000 here is what I get
>
> NameError in CatalogController#index
>
> undefined local variable or method `search_state' for
> #<CatalogController:0x4182c1c>

OK, so that's a totally different thing. Your request is being sent to
the right controller, but "search_state" isn't set, so... you'll have to
figure out where that's intended to come from.

>       find_or_initialize_search_session_from_params search_state.to_h

The "_from_params" is probably a clue there...

> When I enter localhost:3000/catalog here what I still get

> No route matches [GET] "/catalog"

Of course -- why are you even trying that when `rake routes` has
shown the route doesn't exist? If you want it to exist, you have to
create it, but it doesn't seem to be a part of this search thing.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan