I guess I'm just looking at it from the idea of "less code is usually
better code".  And also I'm trying to learn from others that have a better
skill set and/or experience than I do.  But as I mentioned, perhaps I'm
taking a snippet of code from one of his controllers that do not relate to
the piece of generated code.