Hi you need to create a git repository. You can upload from git or upload
from your local computer.

By using these statements, This works on Linux Mint ad should work on there
distros.

You need to log into your heroku account bu using heroku login in the
terminal.

Then create your app on Heroku with appname  is created by heroku create
All terminal commands.

$ rails test
$ heroku login
$  heroku create
$ git init
$ heroku git:remote -a appname
$ git add .
$ git commit -am "make it better"
$ git push heroku master
$ heroku maintenance:on
$ heroku pg:reset DATABASE
$ heroku run rails db:migrate
$ heroku run rails db:seed
$ heroku maintenance:off
$ heroku restart

Cheers Dave

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 7:57 AM <brainiacs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe i should rephrase the question. If I have another online source
> safe, why should I use github? Is there not a way to go directly from my
> development machine to uploading to Heroku?
>
> On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 1:40:27 PM UTC-5, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 10:21 AM <braini...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Why do I want to create a github first? What is the value in doing so?
>>
>> Interaction with Heroku aside,
>>
>> 1. You have your code somewhere besides your local disk as backup
>> 2. It makes your project code accessible if you're switching computers
>> 3. It allows you to easily collaborate with others on your project
>> 4. Github will scan your dependencies and report packages that have
>>     security updates to be installed
>>
>> For starters :-)
>> --
>> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
>> twitter: @hassan
>> Consulting Availability : Silicon Valley or remote

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/31c1096f-bfe4-4dc3-92b7-b1fdd3f73ab6%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/31c1096f-bfe4-4dc3-92b7-b1fdd3f73ab6%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Dave Merrick