On Jan 14, 2009, at 7:34 AM, Rob Pa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a MySQL database and have a row callsed date in my fixtures
> table. I am wanting to display fixtures coming up, i.e. ahead of
> todays
> date.
>
> In  my controller I am thinking of doing;
> @fixtures = Fixtures.find(:all, :conditions => "date > #{Date.today}
> ",
> :order => "id DESC")
>
> Do dates work this way, is this the correct way to go about it?

At least, I'd change this to:

   @fixtures = Fixture.find(:all, :conditions => ['data > ?',
Date.today],
                            :order => 'id DESC')

But it would be better to put this into a named scope:

   class Fixture
     named_scope :future, lambda { {:conditions => ['data > ?',
Date.today]} }
   end
then, in your controller
   @fixtures = Fixture.future

> Also, are there any forum systems built with Ruby on Rails that I can
> download for use on my site?
>
> Thanks in advance, Rob
> --

I was about to give you a couple answers, but then I re-read your
question. I'm not sure about forums, but there are certainly a few
options for wikis.

  http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=ruby+rails+forum+software

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn          http://agileconsultingllc.com