I've written a custom validation ah la advanced rails recipes. When i'm
in development everything works great. As soon as I "script/server -e
production"
then my console gets lit up with errors http://www.pastie.org/361177

I played around with what actions cause this, and apparently putting

validates_anything_not_standard :anything

causes an error.

This includes having the validation in my model, or loaded in a
lib/file.rb . This also includes having no validation code, and just
placing  "validates_anything_not_standard :anything" call in my model.
I've seen a few other posts about similar problems, but nothing
conclusive. Why would this happen only when in the production
environment, and not in development?

Rails 2.2.2, Ruby 1.8.6, Will-Paginate 2.3.6.