We are currently using "rescue_action_in_public" in application.rb to
catch exceptions and send us alert emails.  However, we have recently
begun getting thousands of invalid requests with weird and very long
URLS.  My guess is that it is Windows viruses that the user isn't even
aware of since they are mainly coming from Windows machines and lots of
different IP addresses. Our problem is the at it's clogging up our log
files and I think these are innocent (but annoying) enough to ignore.

What's the cleanest way to detect an invalid exception based on the URL
and not have it logged?

Is "log_error(exc)" the best way?

Thanks in advance.