Hi experts,

I am new to rails and am struggling for several days with a following model
(Rails 2.2.2).

People are submitting requests, each request has one submitter, one
approver, several reviewers and several responsible people.

I was able to get this model working:

class Person < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_many :Requests
end

class Request < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :Approver, :class_name => "Person", :foreign_key =>
"approver_id"
  belongs_to :Submitter, :class_name => "Person", :foreign_key =>
"submitter_id"
end

But I am really stuck in creating HABTM relationship between
requests<->reviewers and requests<->responsible_people.. I do not want to
create separate tables for each group of people as one is sometimes
submitter/approver and sometimes belongs to reviewers/responsible.

Can you someone point me the right direction?
Thanks!
JetPac