Hi,
I am trying to work out why actionmailer isn't sending emails when i
have deployed it to production.  Unfortunately I do not have access to
the production box and I can only see the production.log file.
I have noticed that (on my local machine) when ActionMailer sends an
email, the console window shows a load of output regarding what
ActionMailer is doing e.g.
<- "EHLO gr.ap.org\r\n"
-> "250-mail.gr.ap.org\r\n"
-> "250-PIPELINING\r\n"
-> "250-SIZE 30000000\r\n"
-> "250-ETRN\r\n"
-> "250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN\r\n"
-> "250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN\r\n"
-> "250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES\r\n"
-> "250-8BITMIME\r\n"
-> "250 DSN\r\n"
<- "AUTH PLAIN AHRob21hc2hhcmUAQnVoZTNNVQ==\r\n"
-> "235 2.0.0 Authentication successful\r\n"

However, this output does not appear in the development.log.  I have the
logging value (in the development.rb) set at :debug but this output only
appears in the console window.
If I can work out how to get this logging to get logged to the log file
then I think I stand a chance of working out what is going wrong on the
production box.

Any advice?