Hi,

If I want to return SQL data that cuts across multiple models (e.g.
not specific to one mode) how do I do this?  Actually the use case
could be either (a) custom SQL I want to call or via (b) SQL call to a
database view I've created?

The select method
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/ConnectionAdapters/DatabaseStatements.html#M001704
seems to be what I need however when I try to use this I'm getting an
error:

>> ActiveRecord::Base.connection.select("select * from categories")
NoMethodError: private method `select' called for
#<ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::MysqlAdapter:0x253710c>
        from (irb):11

--
Greg
http://blog.gregnet.org/