When using something like

link_to_function "Label", "some_function(this);"

the 'this' references the href generated by the rails
link_to_function.

When using something like

link_to_remote(task.id_description,
      {:update => {:success => "div1", :failure => "div2"},
      :url => {:action => :some_action, :id => id},
      :id => id,
      :before => "Element.show('spinner')",
      :complete => "Element.hide('spinner'); some_function(this)"})

the 'this' references something different, I believe the Ajax call
itself.

Is there a way of accessing the href as you can in the
link_to_function? I want to be able to access it so I can change its
className to indicate its been selected and change all the other hrefs
on the same level to be unselected.

Thanks