Hey Eric,

Thanks a lot for the links. The first one was really useful as that
addresses overlapping permissions for various roles and my application,
I suppose, falls in that domain.

As for the views, yes they are radically different for each type of
user. The app brings different types of users together and hence
generally they all don't interact with the same set of models. There are
some common models that they all interact with but many models are
specific to the user type. Hence the views look different for each user
type. That's why I was wondering if I could use something like the
following:

  map.namespace :client do |client|
    client.resources :projects, :preferences
    client.resources :forums do |forums|
      forums.resources :topics

  map.namespace :employee do |employee|
    employee.resources :profile, :calendar
    employee.resources :forums do |forums|
      forums.resources :topics

  ...and so on for each type of user. The above code is just an example,
I've not used the exact project details.

I've used :forums in both user types to just give an example for shared
models but even in those the view would look very different for each
user type.

Can someone tell me if I am on the right path?

Thanks!
-J