The fact is that the project I'm developing is a database connection API
and, although is not essential, it would be nice that it could checks
the data integrity. The reason for do that is to improve the user (or
programmer :P) experience and prevent potential errors in the final
application, not the performance.

Anyway, I found a plugin that does what I want, but it has no associated
download :S. Here's a brief description (in Spanish):

http://www.tabernadelturco.com/2006/05/03/validacion-de-datos-en-controladores-sin-modelo-asociado-con-ruby-on-rails/

Does anyone know where can I find it? This is the original link in
RubyForge:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/validator

Thanks again guys! :)