Because maybe you don't want it to happen all at once, maybe you need
to stage things.  Imagine you're developing new features for an
existing system, and you create some destructive migrations.  You want
those to automatically affect your other environments when you might
not even be done writing and testing code?

A better idea is to realize that these processes are separate and
manual and get in the habit of doing it yourself.   Plus, if you just
use "rake" instead of running a specific test, rake will warn you that
you have pending migrations.