Thanks Rick... I actually mentioned Liquid in my post. I was hoping
for a more robust framework / gem / base application to do more (like
drag and drop adding of model fields or some built in views for model
visibility) rather than having to code it all ourselves!

Thanks... maybe this is just the way it is.