Ok, here's why:

fancyZoom hides the target div, and its show() method then creates a
duplicate of this DOM subtree. The problem is that it keeps the same ids,
and we all know we can't have elements with the same ID -- thus, $() and
getElementById fail. The solution was to be more specific and select like
this: $('#zoom-content #id'), where #zoom-content is the name of the
duplicated div that fancyZoom creates, which is different from the hidden
div.

Marcelo.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celose...@gmail.com