I would do 2 things to try to fix your problem if I were you:

1. Make sure you know the type of user you have when you get the
request for the page
2. Put the logic of generating the data in the controller, then use an
instance variable to display the values and forget the 'if then else'
logic in the view. Your view will be much easier to read and modify.

My guess is that the problem you have is that you don't have a
current_user type value (or not the one you believe you have) by the
time your code runs.

Pepe