Master Chief wrote:
> Being a newbie myself, I will add a word of caution.
>
> Compare the version the book is based on, with what you are running. I
> was on Rails 2.2.2 and its syntax for scaffold generation is different
> from the earlier versions in the sense that the attributes are
> expected in the command line now.
>
> I learnt that the hard way.
> So if you are using the latest and greatest, read the book with a
> pinch of salt and check the net when in doubt!
>
> Hope this helps.
> I am using Rails 2.2.2 on Ruby 1.8.6 using MySQL 5.0 on WinXP. This
> config just works for me.
>
> Aside: Started off with Komodo and then  jRuby on NetBeans IDE , using
> MySQL 6.0 on Vista 64-bit but it was a mess cause half the time the
> IDE was tripping me up and some gems/plugins wouldnt install
> correctly. Dont know if it was because of Vista or NetBeans on 64-bit.
> I had to use MySQL 6.0 as that is the only one which would run on
> Vista 64-bit.  but then some Rails stuff was not certified for mySQL
> 6.0 so ultimately I got out of that rat hole.
>
> cheers
> On Feb 19, 9:47�am, Frederick Cheung <frederick.che...@gmail.com>

Thanks Guys that helped me out alot. I have the same set up. I'm also
using rails 2.2.  Im not so proficient in the ruby language,I know how
to deal with arrays, hashes, code blocks, functions, basic stuff nothing
fancy at all. Should I be concentrating more on the ruby language
instead of moving so fast to rail projects?

Thanks