Hi - I want to add my own validation to a rails app, and need help
making it global to my app. Basically, the validation makes sure a
number is positive - I found this code on the at
http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/822:

module CustomValidations

  def validates_positive_or_zero(*attr_names)
    configuration = { :message => "Cannot be negative" }
    configuration.update(attr_names.pop) if attr_names.last.is_a?(Hash)
    validates_each attr_names do |m, a, v|
      m.errors.add(a, configuration[:message]) if v<0

I want to use it in my models like any other validation:

class SomeModel < ActiveRecord::Base
  validates_positivity_of :some_number, :another_number
end

I saved it in lib/custom_validations.rb, and tried including it in the
top of my environment.rb to extend AR:

include 'custom_validations'
class ActiveRecord::Base
  include CustomValidations
end

#.. rest of file

Sadly, this won't work. How do I make rails identify this module and use
it properly?