Thanks for the help. That was just an example, not a good one, but I
just needed to explain the problem I'm having. It had nothing to do
with acts_as_taggable_on, but I might as well just directly tell my
problem.

I want to display all the tags that a tagger has used. However, using
@user.owned_taggings returns ALL the taggings, including duplicates.
What I mean by duplicates, is that the taggable_type and the tag_id
are the same. That means if someone used one tag on many different
Products, it would be a list of that one word.