On Mar 6, 8:31 am, MaD <mayer.domi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hallo everybody,
>
> my problem is the following:
> on one of our rails-apps we implemented session-expiry, so that the
> user gets redirected to our login-page whenever his session has timed-
> out. this is working fine for normal http-requests. however, for AJAX-
> calls that only update a certain div of the page it is not! the
> redirection works, but (as one would expect) only that specified div
> gets updated, so our login page gets rendered inside the div.
>
> i'm looking for a solution that reloads the whole page and shows the
> login-screen without having to include an on-failure-section in all of
> our AJAX-calls (because there are many of them). surely there must be
> approaches on that subject already. but it's hard to google without
> some keywords to look for.

This happens because the browser handles the redirect without the
javascript ever seeing it. The way I handle it is that if the request
is an ajax one and they are no longer logged in then I set a header
instead of redirecting. The client side code. In my app all ajax
requests are made by javascript object that derive from a common base
class and which basically have a callback chain of onCompletes one of
which checks this, so I don't need to repeat this for every ajax
request. You can probably also do it with an Ajax.Responder

Fred