Is there a way to set the default value of a radio button that is
coded in html with the value from an object?  I am trying to set up an
edit view for this object and am using submit_to_remote, so I cannot
use the rails radio button helper.  These are my radio buttons:

<input id="personal_block_option" type="radio" name="event
[block_avail]" value="true" checked="checked">
      <input id="personal_block_option" type="radio" name="event
[block_avail]" value="false">

I have an object: @object, is there any way to set the checked to the
@object.block_avail value?