Hi,

I have 4 apps using similar User tables(3 open source projects and one
in-house app). I'm trying to merge into one shared database User table
(external to all 4 apps).

I'm using the following code in the User model to switch to the shared
database:

class User < ActiveRecord::Base

  # GSL, 03/18/09 - Add reference to external ua database.
  User.establish_connection (
      :adapter  => "mysql",
      :host     => "example.corp.example.com",
      :username => "root",
      :password => "?",
      :database => "ua_production"
    )
Then, I have to switch the other models back:
class Attachment < ActiveRecord::Base

  # GSL, 03/18/09 - Add reference to external ua database.
  Attachment.establish_connection (
      :adapter  => "mysql",
      :host     => "example.corp.example.com",
      :username => "root",
      :password => "?",
      :database => "redmine"
    )

I added the above to all the other models in my Redmine app.

So, now the views that are trying to do a SQL JOIN are bombing.

Is  there an easier way?

Thanks in advance.