Matt Jones wrote:
> I'm going to assume that you're with CWI Hosting, judging by your
> posted name and a post I found on another webmaster board.
>
> If so, some totally free advice:
>
> - the market for RoR shared hosting is not very good; shared servers
> just don't typically have the capacity to handle Rails sites with any
> notable amount of traffic. Passenger helps, but its still not
> preferred for most apps.
>
> - your ToS doesn't specify how much memory FastCGI processes are
> limited to. As a sometimes-customer of shared hosting, this is a red
> flag. There's almost certainly a limit, and as a potential customer,
> I'd like to know what it is...
>
> - most modern Rails hosting is either managed (EngineYard, for
> example: big $, but awesome support) or VPS (Slicehost being a popular
> example). You might consider adding VPS plans to your lineup.
>
> - finally, on a totally superficial note, whoever thought that
> transparent menus over dark-colored content was a good idea should be
> fired immediately. :) No, seriously - it looks terrible, and is hard
> to read.
>
> --Matt Jones
>
> On Mar 17, 2:38�am, Cwi Tech guy <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

Matt

  The advice is appreciated. CWI is building new servers, and a new
site, and is wanting feedback from users like you on the new setup and I
will be posting your feedback to CWI. The setups are based on both
shared hosting servers and some dedicated servers they have for around
$85. You seem a discerning consumer, is this something you would be
interested in ?