I have written a mailer, when i call:

MyMailer.deliver_welcome("Name", "emailaddr...@gmail.com" )

I successfully send an email to the address that i specify.

I have written a mail recieving client that lives in MyMailer called
recieve. I can successfully recieve mail with it.

 I am trying to write a "Thanks for the message, we have received it"
email that replies back the sender of an email. But this line of code
inside of my MyMailer does not work:

  def receive(email)
    MyMailer.deliver_welcome("Name", "emailaddr...@gmail.com" )
  end

Both pieces of code work great separately, but when i try to call the
deliver_welcome method from within the ActionMailer model i created, for
some reason it never executes or never executes-properly.

Rails 2.2.2, Ruby 1.8.6, any insight would be tremendously helpful!