Hey Peter,

Nicolai is correct, this isn't really the right place for this kind of
question. However, because I have recently setup a Postfix mail agent
on Slicehost, I might be able to help you. Their documentation is
actually really good. Additionally, if you just need outgoing mail
(like sending emails to admin), then you probably won't even have to
configure ActionMailer (the default settings should work).

Check out the docs and if you are still having trouble, shoot me an
email.
http://articles.slicehost.com/2008/7/29/postfix-installation

HTH,
Jason Arora