2009/3/22 Greg Donald <gdon...@gmail.com>

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 11:02 PM, avramd <dorf...@est.org> wrote:
> > However I can't figure out how to trigger Passenger to
> > realize that I've changed my code.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>

> touch tmp/restart.txt

On my system passenger seems to automatically restart the server if
tmp/restart.txt exists, then it deletes it.  So all I have to do is have an
empty tmp/restart.txt locally and when I deploy changes (I use rshell)
restart.txt is transferred as it does not exist on the server.  The server
restarts and all is well.

This may not work for all as when I was investigating this I did find
documentation that suggested the restart.txt was tested but not deleted.  If
your system works like this then you will have to touch it instead.

Colin