I have been working with restful_authentication. I have made some
changes to it and now I'm trying to get all the default tests that
came with the plugin to pass.

Here's one of the tests that error out:

def test_should_require_login_on_signup
    assert_no_difference 'User.count' do
      create_user(:login => nil)
      assert assigns(:user).errors.on(:login)
      assert_response :success

This is the error:
NoMethodError: You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!
You might have expected an instance of ActiveRecord::Base.
The error occurred while evaluating nil.errors

When using running debugger and checking in on assigns(:user) it
returns nil, so I assume this is the trouble.

Finally here's my question, what is "create_user" doing? Is it
creating a new User based upon the users.yml fixture that the test
suit is loading, or is it something else? I couldn't find reference
for this "dynamic??" method anywhere.

Thanks