On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Nurzed Lkham
<rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> hello guys.. i was trying configuring SMTP with GMail n my rails
> appliaction. when running everything seems alright but the mails not
> getting delivered. also the logs show the action as successful .
>
> in environment.rb:
>
> ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method =:smtp
> ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
>  :address => "smtp.gmail.com",
>  :port => "587",
>  :domain => "mydomain.com",
>  :authentication => :plain,
>  :user_name => "my_gmail_account",
>  :password => "my_password"
> }

How are you providing sasl_auth support in this setup?  GMail requires
it for smtp use.

I usually setup my actual smtp server for use with GMail, something
like this for example:

http://bookmarks.honewatson.com/2008/04/20/postfix-gmail-smtp-relay/

--
Greg Donald