Hi Matt, Thanks for your time.

I thought that by putting my total_cost method in the phonecall model
that I was doing exactly that.

I appreciate that I can use the view shortcut so thanks for that tip.
I do need to understand how to create methods that act upon an array
of objects both in this instance and obviousley for my future
understanding of this subject.