On Apr 15, 5:58 am, Petr Janda <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> This makes no difference. The problem is with mongrel is that I need the
> devel applications to be accessible even when im not developing, ie.
> client review. And id need to make a start up script in case i reboot
> the server to make all the mongrels start up. Its just hassle.
> dispatch.cgi/fcgi was ideal for simple setup in development mode where
> speed usually doesnt matter.

Well the passenger docs imply that it should all just work:

"If you set RailsEnv development in your Apache configuration, then
Rails will automatically reload your application code after each
request"

You might want to ask the passenger mailing list or similar why it
doesn't seem to be working for you.

Fred